CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
THANKS SO MUCH FOR STOPPING IN FOR A VISIT!

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Who Cares Wednesday--- WINNING!!!

Iknow you thought of charlie sheen right away when you read my title... what is up with that fella anyway? Well, i dont know what the heck he means when he talks of winnning, but i mean i have won again!!!!!!!!!!!!! Winning is good.. i strongly suggest it!lol
This is what the wonderful UPS man brought to my home:
And its definetely my kind of prize: FOOD!!!
I wond 5 full size boxes of cereal and a 10.00 target giftcard!! saweet!
I dont win all the time, but is super fun when i do! check out your fav blogs, chances are they have some kind of giveaway once in a while.
Tid bit of info: i have been neglegent on giving fun money saving tips... shame on me. So, here goes:
Want to find a way to give cheaper easter baskets to your kids?
Use 2 liter pop bottles!!!, I love pop bottles, i yearn to find a way to reuse them. i have made crafts with them etc. Simply because they are a staple in my home. So heres how ;(sorry no pics yet)
Clean and dry bottle
Cut in half.... about 3 in. down from top, cut our rectangles for handles
(i take it you understand we are using the bottom half)
cover with fabric or paint, construction paper.. wrapping paper etc.
Add your yummies!
I know its smaller than the regular size easter basket, but that serves a great purpose as well. Less to buy to make it look full! And lets face it, easter is fun but all of the candy isnt a must, a little bit of candy is fun!
Here is the kicker for me: I normally always buy the cheap buckets or baskets from the dollar tree- they are great, only a buck, right? But i have a hard time throwing them away!! I always think ,we will reuse them, and we dont. i always think, we will make a craft with them.. and we dont.So i get to craft with my lovely 2 liter bottles, and i dont feel awful about trashing them!
Gotta run, stuff to do!
Lets not forget what easter is about! I love easter and the fun aspect of it, but lets not forget to tell our children what the lord has done for us and what this holiday is about! MWAH!




1 comments:

Are You A Mom said...

Hello,
Following you back from Areyouamom.com :)

Post a Comment