CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
THANKS SO MUCH FOR STOPPING IN FOR A VISIT!

Sunday, June 26, 2011

I feel so powerful!

my hubs and i have talked about trying to have our own garden for years now.But something always happened and any extra time we had went to something else. This year we (he)got really serious and put in the extra time and tadaaaa- we acutally have a garden! Its kind of exciting,plus the kids are into it too. we have planted everything from strawberries to corn.This being our first time growning anything except kids and flowers (and i kill them. the flowers i mean.)we didnt really know what to buy, where to buy it. We were pretty ignorant. So i decided to get a cucumber plant to add to our garden. We love cucumbers, who doesnt right? corn , cucumber and tomatoes is the best summer meal EVAH. I was so excited to see the rate my cucumbers were coming along. Can you imagine my shock when i went one day and picked this??
I feel so powerful!Kind of like tom hanks in the movie "castaway", when he makes fire.. The pic doesnt show the size really of this thing. i have called it "gigantor". Possibly the biggest cucumber that has ever been. its almost 12 inches long!Well of course i had to brag to my family and freinds, right? So it was upsetting when i showed my mom and she told me it was a zucchini. crap.

1 comments:

Missy said...

Time for some zucchini bread! ;)

Post a Comment