CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
THANKS SO MUCH FOR STOPPING IN FOR A VISIT!

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Are you ready for the day of luuuuv?

I am going to apologize up front for this icky post.. i have been missing in action for a while. I have not been well for a couple of weeks and havent done anything super constructive lately. But my blog has been on my mind and i wanted to take a moment to check in with my favirote blog followers. I hope you are all well and getting ready for Valentines Day the day of Love. i think its fun to celebrate all of these fun kinds of holidays and i know most of you deep down do too. I know people who say they dont care about Valentines Day , or flowers, or being wined and dined.. i say you are all liars!!lol! I will however say that there have been times in my life where so much was going on where special days like Valetines Day had to take a back seat, and fortunately that is the case for me this year. I have been diagnosed with "shingles " and for those of you who dont know what this super fun form of misery is, let me educate you:

Shingles (herpes zoster) is a painful, blistering skin rash due to the varicella-zoster virus, the virus that causes chickenpox.
Causes, incidence, and risk factors
After you get chickenpox, the virus remains inactive (becomes dormant) in certain nerves in the body. Shingles occurs after the virus becomes active again in these nerves years later.
The reason the virus suddenly become active again is not clear. Often only one attack occurs.
Shingles may develop in any age group, but you are more likely to develop the condition if:
You are older than 60
You had chickenpox before age 1
Your immune system is weakened by medications or disease

Symptoms
The first symptom is usually one-sided pain, tingling, or burning. The pain and burning may be severe and is usually present before any rash appears.

Red patches on the skin, followed by small blisters, form in most people.

The blisters break, forming small ulcers that begin to dry and form crusts. The crusts fall off in 2 to 3 weeks. Scarring is rare.

Super. There you have it... i was going to post a pic ,but decided against it. There are just some things that do not need to be shared, believe me. it aint pretty.
Well the good news is I did make it to the library! Finally! I had forgotten how awesome the library is! i got books and 5 movies!! FREE! of course they arent mine, i must return them.. but still. i thought netflix was great- the library smokes netflix, in my opinion! So i got the book i have been wanting to read and its really fun to read. The title is "fablehaven". Its a series of childrens books- yep, i said childrens books.
If you like fantasy books, go and check it out! Well i hope to be back to my old self soon, but i will be sure to check in with you folks in the next few days! Have a great Valentines Day! And i know, we are supposed to show love and appreciation all year round, which we def should, but have fun with Valentines Day, love it up, go out, dress up, have a great dinner, whatever, who cares if its a silly day man set aside to be lovey dovey, still really cool to me. i remember when i didnt have anyone to share this silly day with, by god i am gonna try my best to make the most of these "silly " days. take care, MWAH!

2 comments:

mjwild75 said...

So sorry to hear about the shingels! My hubby got it a few years ago! I hope you just had a mild case like he did because I know it can b pretty bad!

Laura said...

Thank you for following and entering the giveaway. Following you back.

Laura
www.agoddessoffrugality.blogspot.com

Post a Comment